A trainer should have a 360 degree view of himself by doing an in-depth analysis of his strengths and areas of development. He or she should seek the views of colleagues, co-workers, and friends to find out the adjectives they would use to describe him or her. Below mentioned are some of the important points to be taken into consideration to prepare for creating a personal brand:
- Extensive Research and Strategizing: A trainer should never forget to do his or her homework before taking action. A careful analysis should be done on the progress or failure of others on a similar path and learn from their actions.
- Determine what the brand should convey: A trainer should have a clear idea of the adjectives he or she wants to be associated with by people.
- Determine the best practices and flaws: A trainer can seek advice of trusted colleagues, co-workers and friends for the adjectives they would use to describe him. The trainer can analyse what he or she is good at and the strengths which make him or her irreplaceable.
- Pay attention to detail: A trainer should concentrate on every effort to remain flawless when compared with the remaining crowd. Every action from the trainer contributes to his personal brand in terms of dressing sense, body language, behavior with co-workers and the style of writing emails.
- Managing the brand: A trainer should be proactive in ensuring that all aspects of the brand and commitments synchronize with the past and present actions.
For More Details : Bodhih Training
Sulabha began her journey as a trainer in India in 2005. The Pune newspapers were full of advertisements for English Classes, Personality Development Classes, Voice & Accent Classes etc, and reading this every morning she made up her mind to start a 100% Quality Institution to make a difference in the lives of the people. Her training sessions are equally admirable & effective. She connects with the audience in a beautiful way. Her niche lies in doing work with perfection who will not even settle for an average rating.
Sulabha has built a strong network by positioning herself as a brand with The Train The Trainer Program as a signature program which has given her a recognition by attaining maximum satisfaction from participants. Her training methodology is exclusive training with invaluable takeaways which are still in use by her participants and helping them scale the heights of success. She has become a great source of inspiration for her participants through her expertise in training and constructive feedback. Through establishing and positioning herself as one of the big names in training trainers, she has developed one of the fastest growing corporate training organizations in the country today.
For More Details : Bodhih Training
Developing a personal brand is similar to product branding. The overall goal of branding is to differentiate a trainer and his programs from the others in the market so you the set objectives can be attained. A brand should be positioned in a different way which makes the product or service more catchy than the normal branding done by competitors. A trainer should do extensive research and strategizing before building his or her product in terms of planning a right time to publish a certain program or targeting a client.
Branding is best defined as a commitment, a promise and the value of the product that makes the product on display better than all the competing product. Branding is about how a trainer builds a reputation and a name for himself in the market. It is essential to career advancement because it defines why a trainer is most sought after in the market and the added value he or she brings to a situation.
For More Details : Bodhih Training
The business of a trainer crucially depends on how he or she makes contacts and gets new businesses. Staying in touch is an important part of the networking process. It is beneficial to know people who can get you in the position you want to reach by linking you with your dream clients. Below mentioned are some of the smart ways through which trainers in demand strengthen their business relationships to expand their businesses:
- Making attempts to stay in touch regularly: Regular contact with clients is generally good through creative modes like LinkedIn posts, surveys and sharing market trends and training program updates.
- Making each contact lead to the next: Professional trainers will always try to create a chain of contacts by sharing adequate business cards, brochures and also spread a word of mouth message about their upcoming programs and testimonials.
- Being the first to speak out or introduce oneself: A proactive trainer will try and get in touch with potential and existing clients to give proposals or ask of upcoming training plans or expectations. This is especially important for your most important clients as they are more likely to try someone else when not contacted frequently.
- Inviting clients and connecting through networking events: This is a great way to meet with people periodically while getting you out of your cave to network and to meet clients and other people in their network who can be potential clients.
The Oxford Dictionary defines a network as “A group of people who exchange information, contacts, and experience for professional or social purposes”. A successful consultant stands out from the other thousands of consultants in the market through relationships, networking and word-of mouth. The real essence of networking is building relationships before you need them. Below is the success story of Joe Favorito – a successful consultant.
Favorito says. “My entire career, I’ve always been a connector, bringing people together from different departments within the organization for a bigger goal. The difference now is that I’m using my experience and relationships that I’ve developed and bringing everyone that I know together for projects that I really believe in. So other than maybe getting 27 different 1099 forms in 2009, it’s not really too different for me. I guess the only difference is that when companies hire me, they’re getting Joe and not some big company name.”
Favorito maintains a blog, a newsletter, a Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn profile and more. He says that spreading yourself across those networks may seem like a burden at first. But in many ways, it’s a simplified (and free) form of advertising. By telling others in your network what you are working on, and in turn commenting and seeing what they are working on, it’s much easier to keep track of potential business opportunities.
Why has Joe been so successful? It’s because people know who he is, they like him and most importantly, they like his work.
A professional network is a group of friends who like each other and are willing to help each other out when times get tough professionally. It is important to start building your network as soon as you have decided to be a trainer. A strong contact base ensures that you have the sources to find work. Growing your network takes time and persistence, but the benefits of having a large connection base far outweigh the investment made to gain one. . A professional network, coupled with a social network, can help you market and advertise your business. References are important ways to find work in the niche as one can rely on his initial contact base to build network.
If no one knows you and you know no one in your field as a trainer, you will find yourself in the midst of a disaster soon. A trainer will never be cynical and will always make friends with the people he or she works with.
The application of organization development in the workplace is more solidly aligned with business results. OD has always been focused on building leadership capability as a strong leadership is critical to execute the business strategy and enterprise survival. OD interventions and analysis are a common part of the business and the impact of these interventions are quantifiable and statistically relevant.
Organization Development is the practice of helping organizations solve problems and reach their goals. A key emphasis in OD is assisting clients not just in meeting their goal but with learning new problem-solving skills they can use in the future.
OD consultants excel in their services by working with clients to offer a range of services mentioned below that have high market potential:
Change Management – OD consultants focus on bringing about a change in the clients work practices, re-directing the use of resources, business process, budget allocations and other modes of operation. Change management is a set of ideas and strategies applied in planning and implementing change accompanied with continuous improvement following the change.
Talent Management – OD consultants help managers assess their department’s workforce so that the right people are in the right roles with the right set of skills at the right time.
Customized Training – OD consultants work with organizations and arrive with tailor made solutions that are specific to client needs to develop or renew knowledge, skill or values relative to a group goal.